Monday, April 27, 2009

Virginia International Raceway...Not.

The next race on the MARRS calendar is the beautiful country club-like VIR in Danville VA.  It was at VIR in 2006 that I had my first race and I've been looking forward to getting back there ever since but it never seems to work that way.  This year is no different and I'm attending my brother-in law's graduation from Old Dominion University.  It's not really that big of a deal - VIR is always an expensive weekend.  The cost of the 10 hour haul (round trip) and accommodations alone would cover the entry fees for two home races this year.  Besides I'm glad to be there for Ryan on this proud day.

Between now and my next race (5/30-5/31) at Summit Point my to-do list is as follows:
  1. Change the oil and filter used to break-in the motor after the rebuild.
  2. Address the small oil leak found on the block after the last race.
  3. New Hoosier race tires (ka-ching!)
  4. Relocate the oil pressure sender from the block to the firewall.a
  5. Fit new front spoiler and brake ducting.
  6. Pull a ding out of the left-front quarter panel.
  7. Reorganize my trailer so I have a better idea of what parts, spares, fluids, etc... I have. a
Or maybe since it ran so well last race I should just leave it alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment